Nicholson has been involved in conditioning bowling lanes in more
Bowling Centers, in more Cities, in more States, and in more Countries
than anyone in the history of bowling. He has the distinct honor
of being the only person to have been in charge of conditioning
lanes for every PBA Member who is in the Hall of Fame.
This man traveled the PBA Tour for over 25-years and has worn many
"hats" in this Sport that he loves. His insights into the Sport
of Bowling are unique and sought after by his peers.
- Former Director of Lane Maintenance for the PBA National Tour.
Started that Program in 1971 and has been involved in the conditioning
of over 800 Professional tournaments.
- Former Tournament Director of the PBA Western Region and was
awarded the Pat Patterson Award for contributions to, and for,
the betterment of the PBA Western Region.
- Former Staff Member of Professional Bowling Camps, teaching
both the Physical and Mental Games. Has literally given thousands
of lessons, to all levels of bowlers.
- Has personally coached, managed and/or advised several Members
of the PBA Hall of Fame along with many Touring Professionals,
as well as Regional PBA Players.
- Has authored 7-books on the Sport of Bowling.
- Along with his Son Mike (who was 16 at the time), the Nicholson's
were the National Champions in the 1980 National Father and
Son Tournament, in Washington, DC.
- Has bowled 4-300 games and 2-800+ series.
- Has managed two bowling centers that hosted many PBA Tournaments.
- Currently a Member of the Technical Committee for the World
Ten Pin Bowling Association (WTBA).
- Currently employed with The Kegel Company and is a Founding
Member of The Foundation, which is a group that is finding solutions
to the problems in our Sport.
He currently owns Nicholson Bowling Consultant (N.B.C.) which
is a California based company that offers bowling centers advice
on how to properly maintain their lanes.
His weekly internet Radio Show is a first of its kind that features
interviews with bowling celebrities from each and every area of
the sport. Phantom Radio
is scheduled each week with a new Guest and as of JANUARY, 2010
it has completed 410 consecutive shows with no re-runs. The Show
is popular for all those who love bowling. It is syndicated with
more than 127 web sites currently carrying it.
The Tour Would Be Great
"The Tour Would Be Great "IF" You Didn't Have To Bowl" is a collection
of PBA Tour stories that is narrated by former PBA laneman Len Nicholson
(a.k.a. The Phantom).
|[an error occurred while processing this directive]